This weekend my contractor finished
up his part of the work in my kitchen!
To say I am happy about that, is an understatement!
HAPPY DANCING WAS GOING ON IN MY KITCHEN……
I was a bit nervous about the last of the details that had to be done:
2. the painting of the doors so they matched the
finish on all other doors.
3. filling in the gaps around the sink opening on the
face of cupboards.
(For those of you that don’t know the reason we wanted to save the original doors you can read our story Here!)
I actually stayed out of the room until my Hubby came to get me to see the doors…
They were perfect!!
I almost cried!
The fit was spot-on!!
You can see where screw holes and gaps were filled in, but once this is all painted it will become a seamless design.
The blue tape on the cornice is for another little design addition, more on that later.
We are now up and running!! Counters and tile are all sealed and ready for use!!
As with any project there is still more to do, but we can take our time finishing those up.
1. Touch-up painting.
2. Install under cabinet lighting.
3. Finish cornice boards. ( more on this later!)
4. Install cabinet drawers, ( I am so excited to be
getting pull-out drawers for my pots and pan
5. Make toe kick for under stove.
6. Permanently attach filler board between cabinet
My To Do List:
Figure out how I want to decorate the kitchen!!
This is a bit of a dilemma for me, because I am enjoying the clean sweep of counter space, but I realize I need some warm touches. I have a few ideas up my sleeve!!
To Be Continued, But Almost DONE!!