home about me our home

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Adding Some Color To My All-White Mantel!




I started with an all white base on my mantel……

Chritstmas mantel trial 004 (800x413)

As much as I love the clean, simple look of the all white mantel this girl needs a touch of color…..

Chritstmas mantel trial 021

…..So in comes a touch of red, some pine cones for a bit of texture  to tie in with the basket. Now, it is looking a little better. Still not quite right……

ENTERS…… The Ribbons!!

Ribbons on mantel 2012 009 (800x600)
Touches of Kelly green, red, lime green, and of course white, in the form of a swag!

Can you use ribbon without making a bow?

ABSOLUTELY


Ribbons on mantel 2012 004 (600x800)


Ribbons on mantel 2012 002 (800x600)

A Ribbon Swag With Streamers!! No Bow to be found!

Am I Done?

Not Yet! I have one more addition……

to be cont

“Still Enjoying The Process!”
As I am Decking-The-Halls
♪♫Fa-La-La-La♪♫

Keeping warm by the fire!
   
 

10 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh so pretty. I love the added color and the ribbon swag is so pretty. Hugs, Marty

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

It's easy to tell how much you enjoy decorating for Christmas, Kathysue! Your mantel looks lovely, and I like the added colour!
~ Wendi ~

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Love the process, Kathy Sue! The ribbons are so bright and festive!!!! And the colors give your mantle Christmas warmth! Beautiful... as usual!

Toy Carli said...

Nice look, Kathysue!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Looking great....I do love the swag with the ribbon....so clever..."Martha"!

Kathysue said...

LOL Patty, Maybe Marthasue!?

vignette design said...

Love how your mantel is progressing, a la Kathysue style!

Completely Coastal said...

Beautiful! Love the basket in the center!

The Pink Pagoda said...

I love your mantel, Kathysue!

Linda Hartong said...

I just saw ribbon swags hung from small wreaths on bare windows. Very festive.