home about me our home

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Angel Wings And Other Fine Feathered Things




Every year right after Halloween I go shopping with a friend to Walmart!! Yes! you heard right, Walmart. Why? you might ask. Well, we like to go there to see what they have for Christmas ornaments, wrapping and ribbon.

This year was no exception, they had a wonderful array of colors, and designs in their ornaments. I wish I had taken pictures of some of my favorites.

For my dining room and kitchen area I am going to have an angel wing theme.

Actually I should probably clarify……..
I saw this image last year, and I fell in love with it………..


I have a special fascination with angel wings so I was naturally drawn to this image.

I knew this would be in my decorations somewhere this year, and the dining room chairs will be a perfect place to have these little lovelies.
You can order them HERE if you are interested.



I actually used feathers in my entry hall last year so it will be an easy visual transition into the dining room.

Since white feathers seem to be the direction I am going, when I went to Walmart I looked at  all the white, or frosty looking ornaments they had.

I was amazed at how pretty some of their ornaments were.

All the ornaments were ranging in price from $.97 to & $1.97.
I am here to tell you, if I did not know I was in Walmart, many of the ornaments could have passed for much more expensive ornaments that I have seen in   Christmas specialty shops. 

I like to keep my elements pretty tight so I purchased some fun white feathered balls, white frosted pine cones and a couple of clear iridescent,  sparkly ornaments….
Christmas ornaments 003 (800x600)

I am not totally sure how I am going to incorporate them, but I know they will work with the overall look. At that price I had to buy them.

Christmas ornaments 002 (800x600)
They also had beautiful sparkly ribbon for $4.97 for 25ft. It is so pretty. I purchased the white, but I think I have to go back and purchase some of the lime green!

This years Christmas dining room will have a snowy, ethereal look to it. This should be fun!!!! My mind is starting to spin!!!! How about you all? Are you starting to formulate plans for this years Holiday season?

I know it feels a bit early for some and then there are probably those of you who are well on  your way. I think I probably fall somewhere in the middle!!

tumblr_lsaq2jT4xE1r3rz70o1_400
It is a bit cold and rainy today so I am totally in the mood to …….. 

"Dream of a White Christmas, even if the snow will only be  inside my home!!”

“Enjoy the process!” Of:

Dreaming about your own Christmas fantasy!
Kathysue

27 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Oh- Kathysue- I am not quite ready YET! We have a new baby coming and Thanksgiving to get through...and then I will BE THERE! xo Diana

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Kathysue, your decor is always so pretty. I can't wait to see what you do. I know it will be totally unreal. Hope you have a super weekend. Hugs, Marty

Beach House Living said...

Love the feathers! We have a white feather wreath I put in the bedroom for holiday. It's so soft and pretty.

helen tilston said...

Hello Kathysue

I love your theme. Angels are also in keeping with Christmas and so appropriate. I love your purchases and those feathers have me tickled!
(pun intended)
Helen xx

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathysue,
I love that photo too with those lovely angel wings on the backs of the chairs. I just might have to order a few.
Love your theme with all the fluffy white feathers. I was at Walmart the other day and picked up several ornaments. I bought some sparkly white girlie shoes, some pink ornaments and some keys for other projects. You are right, great prices for a high end look!

hugs
Sissie

Stacy CUrran said...

I don't think I've even seen this theme before and can't wait to see what you create. I love the idea!
Stacy

Richard Cottrell said...

You must have a better Walmart than I do. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

I can't wait to see your Christmas decorating pictures! What a gorgeous theme. I'm actually working on a painting of angel wings right now for my son. (His best friend just passed away...so young.)

Dream House Trish said...

I cant wait to see what you do, your inspiration pic is gorgeous. I used feather boas on my tree last year & I loved it!!

Victoria said...

Thanks for the heads up, Kathysue. I have bought some fabulous ornaments there in years past and was amazed to find them.
Best...Victoria

savvycityfarmer said...

speechless in Chicago!



love the drizzling rain image ... how'd they do that?

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Think I better head to Wal Mart.............some of those would be gorgeous for gift wrapping! XO

lisa Moran, Bilancia Designs said...

Your photos are lovely...
Each setting is prettier than the next.
It's hard to believe it's that time of the year again.
I just found your blog through a friend and so happy I did.
Have a wonderful weekend~
Lisa Moran
Bilancia Designs

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

OK, Kathysue! How did you do the rain thing? Love it! lol Of course, I love your angel wings and feathers, too! I am starting to see your T'day and Christmas in my head! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I love all of the things you got and I can just imagine those angel wings in your dining room. It is all going to be wonderful!

Blondie's Journal said...

I can feel the excitement in your words!! I think Walmart and Target have some great ornaments without the big price tag! I never thought to shop so early but I will now!!!

Love your white feather theme! I should send you some of my swan feathers that I collect here on the lake!! They look beautiful in vases!!

XO,
Jane

Bring Pretty Back said...

Kathiesue. Oh please hurry and get your decorating done! I can not wait to see everything done!!!!
Kristin

Karen said...

Hi Kathysue,
I can only imagine how lovely the white, feathers and sparkly decorations will look in the final presentation. I'm focused on Thanksgiving right now since we will be celebrating in our home with our son's fiance's family for the first time. I want to make sure it's a nice day for all. Then I can start on Christmas...can't wait.
Karen

Karen said...

Hi Kathysue,
I can only imagine how lovely your final decorations will be using the white theme with angel wings and sparkly ornaments in white. I'm focused on Thanksgiving since we are celebrating with our son's fiance's family for the first time.
I love Christmas so I'm eager to begin the planning.
Karen

Nicole said...

Very pretty! Classy.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dearest believer and friend,

Thank you for your visit yesterday and then I come here to find this LOVELY POST that is starting to get me excited about the HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!! I LOVE THOSE ANGEL CHAIRS!!!!!!

Hey, I go to Walmart for the stuff that is less money than if I got it at the grocery store. SOAPS, TAPE, PAPER GOODS..why not? AND CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!!!

Enjoy decorating my friend, and bleessings to you! Anita

The enchanted home said...

Kathysue I just know you are going to have something wonderful that will have all of blogland abuzz. What a fun and unique design theme to work around....I am sure it will be downirght "heavenly" :)

Lee said...

Still working on Thanksgiving and getting ready for a week of company, then Christmas! Can't do feathers, I have a feather-fear, there's a big long word for that, can't even have a down comforter in the house! Alternative down for comforters and Christmas decor for me. I AM working on the advent calendars for my grandchildren, however; each day has an activity, quote or good thought on slips of paper. They really look forward to these!

Mel@Georgica Pond said...

I"m usually well underway with my planning and decorations buying by now, so am immensely frustrated that I'm so preoccupied with the renovation that I can't even think about it yet. It's going to be rather rushed this year, but can't wait.

vignette design said...

I love that you have a vision and a plan. Sounds wonderful!

Unknown said...

I'm on the entertainment committee for our beach club...and today we met to determine the theme. Silver and gold with fresh greens and metallic touches on pinecones, etc...I love thinking about the holidays and coming up with a color scheme.

Since we're in renovation mode I will be scaling back big time at home, but love having an outlet for the holiday magic!

Love your angel theme - I have one above my bed -- there's just something about them!
xoxo Elizabeth

Karen said...

I'm looking forward to your upcoming posts during the holiday season. I love all white for the holidays.