home about me our home

Friday, January 28, 2011

Happy Bright Saturday!!

Living in California we have pretty nice weather most of the time. We had been told by our weatherman that we would be having sunny but crisp weather for about eleven days.

Well, he made a mistake and we have been having lots of fog until the late afternoon.

I am a Spring time kind of gal and when it gets gloomy so does my mood. Hubby calls it the mully-grubs!!
Yes, even Kathysue can get in the mully-grubs.

I don’t like staying in this kind of mood for very long so I look for things to inspire me and get me out of this gloomy mood.

Looking around on the web  I found these two very colorful rooms that made me smile and made me think of Spring which is right around the corner.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did…….


designer Krista Ewart beach cottage (360x460) (360x460) 
Designer Krista Ewart

2 (360x460)
Krista Ewart
I don’t know about you all, but I feel like I could break out singing,

 “Happy Day’s are Here Again!”  ♪♫♪♫♪

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend,

“Enjoy the Process” Of:

Whatever you plan on doing this weekend!!!

Kathysue

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I just love the polka dot tables. They are so darling. Great, fun spaces!

Angela said...

Very inspiring. I think I can make it till spring.

Uncovered Ruby said...

I went and looked at your home on La Dolfina, what a beautiful home you have Kathysue! I love your striped wallpaper and your bathroom is fabulous!!! Lisa;-)

vignette design said...

All this wonderful warm weather has us thinking of Spring! I welcomed the fog today, believe it or not. It's more normal!

laxsupermom said...

What bright, fresh, and pretty rooms! I love that bright, happy green. It just says spring to me. Thanks for sharing.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Yes...these certainly are happy rooms. I really like the painting in the first photo ~ very Matisse. Have a great weekend.

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

We're in the midst of about 5 days of 50 degree mornings and 70 degree afternoons...such a welcome respite from the 20's a week ago! Those are some bright rooms...I think I just maxxed out my tolerance for color...aren't you surprised! There's no way to be unhappy in either one. Hope your weather turns around and you get out of the dumps!

Mona Thompson said...

Love the happy rooms. I'm just having a lazy day today at home with hubby and the pup. Really should get out in the sunshine while it's here. Have a great weekend. Mona

Tote said...

Looking at decorating books & magazines (or on line) always picks me right up! I am trying to get inspired about my little office I am making in a spare room. Sometimes it keeps me up at night!

Unknown said...

I just got back from 'touring' your home Kathysue... what a treat! I especially LOVE your dining room and your kitchen. What is behind the mirrored doors in the dining room? I love what they do to the room! It has a great feeling.

designchic said...

Two of my favorites...love Krista Ewart!!

K&B by the Sea said...

These rooms definitely say "happy spring"! Love the bright & happy colours and the bold patterns :-)